Having recently binge-watched Netflix's Anne with an E here at the office, we're going through some serious withdrawals (although I have to admit, our vocabulary has improved dramatically).
We need just a few more weeks until we can revisit the series again, so what better way to pass the time than to mix up some raspberry cordial and share it with a kindred spirit? It's a super easy recipe, which is the best kind.
- 20 ounces of fresh raspberries (or frozen, thawed)
- 3 lemons, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 cups of water
- Place the raspberries in a large metal bowl or pot.
- Squeeze the juice from two of the lemons over the berries.
- In a separate pot, boil the water and add the sugar, mixing thoroughly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the water/sugar mix, while still hot, over the raspberry/lemon juice mix.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, then cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge.
- After 24 hours in the fridge, strain the mixture into a small glass or plastic pitcher for storage, and keep it refrigerated. If desired, smash some of the berries and add them to the strained cordial for added flavor and texture.
- Serve chilled or over ice with a slice of lemon on top.
Now you can enjoy a little bit of Green Gables right in your own home. “It's delightful when your imaginations come true, isn't it?”